Frequently Asked Questions
1. I’ve not booked a voiceover project before. What’s the process? | back to top |
- Listen to the voice samples on this site and choose your preferred artist(s). If you can’t decide we’re happy to advise.
- Contact us online or by phone, and send us your script with any special requirements.
- Once the fee and delivery time is confirmed you pay by bank transfer, credit card or Paypal.
- You receive top-quality audio by email or post, or you can download it from our secure Client Site.
2. How much does it cost? | back to top |
It all depends. There are so many different types of voiceover audio; from television commercials to audio books, cartoons to on-hold messaging, that it’s impossible to list the price for every option here. However once you get in touch with the details of your project we’ll be able to give you a price promptly.
3. Am I limited to the voice talent listed? | back to top |
If you have a specific requirement that is not represented on this site – perhaps a particular accent or dialect, or maybe a very young or old voice, just let us know and with our extensive knowledge of voice-over talent world-wide, we can help you find exactly what you need.
4. What if I don’t have a finished script to send for a quote?| back to top |
If you have a word count, or page count – even an approximate one – that should be enough for us to give you a costing. Alternatively if you have an idea of how long the audio needs to last, that will also enable us to quote you accurately.
5. What if I need the script translated into other languages and recorded? | back to top |
We have a full localisation and translation service available. Contact us with your requirements and we can have your script translated and voiced in as many different languages as you require.
6. What methods of payment do you accept? | back to top |
Bank transfer is preferred but we accept most major credit cards as well as Paypal payments.
7. How do you deliver the finished audio? | back to top |
In any number of ways and formats, including: CD, ftp and email. Almost any file format for CD or ftp is available on request. CDs are usually shipped by FedEx, but other options are available.
8. Will the recording be mine to use as I like? | back to top |
No. The copyright of the recording rests with The VoiceOver Group and/or the artist, while the script copyright remains yours. The fee quoted for the recording is based on the usage that you specify when the audio is commissioned. If at any time you wish to change or add to the usage you need to contact The VoiceOver Group and we will inform you of any revised fee payable for such different or additional usage. See our terms and conditions for more details.
9. I am a voice artist – how can I be included on this site? | back to top |
If you offer a language, style or accent that is not currently represented on this site, by all means contact us with a demo and your details. If not, and if you have a voice-over web presence, we are probably already aware of your work. In which case, you may send a demo but be advised we have exceptionally high standards, and it is unlikely that we will be able to include you on our roster.